A Very SoWa Fall
Even though we’re preeeeeetty bummed summer is basically over, we’re equally pumped to take advantage of all-things-fall. Especially the cooler weather. Which is ideal for enjoying a beer (or two, or three) at Boston’s SoWa Beer Garden. Even though summer is winding down, we’re sure not. There’s still plenty of craft beer and cider to go around and Sunday Fundays to be had. Keep reading to see who is taking over the taps at SoWa this Sunday, 9/15. 👇
The Facts: SoWa’s Beer Garden is open on Sundays through October at The Power Station at 540 Harrison Ave in Boston (see the map below 👇) from 11a to 4p. We’ll release the beer + cider menus each week right here and on Instagram.
Our friends from Honest Weight Artisan Beer are taking over the taps at SoWa THIS Sunday (9/15). In addition to bringing their crispy Pils and fresh Farmhouse Ale (like brewed with locally grown and malted Spelt fresh), they’re also bringing their JUST dropped merch. 👇How dooope are those hats?!
Quick DL about Honest Weight: Honest Weight was founded by two best friends to bring fresh, quality beer to the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts (they’re based in Orange, MA). Honest Weight strives to provide inspired, hand crafted, artisan beer.
If cider is more your speed come fall, we’ve got you covered. Cascadia Ciderworkers (based in Portland, OR) will be pouring cans of their criiiiisp cider.
Quick DL about Cascadia: Cascadia is crafted in the Pacific Northwest because…the area grows more apples than anywhere else in the country (cider 101 right here). Cascadia’s team of cider workers uses only Cascadia-grown whole apples, never juice from concentrate or sugars. Their ciders are exactly what they should be: straightforward.
What’s Pouring This Sunday (9/15)
So… what’s on tap this weekend at the Beer Garden? Honest Weight is bringing lots of craft goodness to SoWa so we can enjoy (and take advantage of) this unseasonably warm weather.
– Honest Weight Ego Trippin’ | Robust Session Porter. Domestic Pale malt, Flaked Oats, along with toasted and roasted malts from the UK and Germany define the rich, and sturdy base of this beer. Pronounced notes of coffee, burnt sugar, and baking chocolate. Conditioned on coffee from Share Coffee Roasters | 3.8% ABV
– Honest Weight Lightworks | Dry-Hopped American Blonde Ale. Restrained bitterness, bright and direct aromatics reminiscent of lime and white grape from Motueka and Hallertauer Blanc hops. Super dry and and undeniably refreshing | 4.6% ABV
– Honest Weight Sky Ladder | IPA | 4.6% ABV
– Honest Weight Prescott | Unfiltered German-Style Pilsner. Crisp, soft malt, clean | 4.7% ABV
– Honest Weight Gate 37 | Farmhouse Ale brewed with raw Buckwheat and Malted Red Winter Wheat from HW’s friends at Valley Malt. It is straw yellow, with a nice round mouthfeel but finishes bright and dry. The nose is slightly spicy, with notes of earth and lemon | 4.8% ABV
– Honest Weight Link Up | Mixed-culture table beer with plum and raspberry | 4.9% ABV
– Honest Weight Spy Route | Spelt Grisette brewed with locally grown and malted Spelt (Valley Malt ), European hops, and fermented with HW’s traditional Saison yeast along with a blend of many strains of Brettanomyces. Bright and delicate with incredibly complex aromatics reminiscent of lemongrass, lavender and white pepper. A full and doughy palate provides structure and support for the unique flavor profile featuring flavors of white peach & Viognier grape must with a dry, mineral finish | 5.1% ABV
– Honest Weight Accidental Wilderness | IPA | 5.6% ABV
Fall SoWa Lineup
Because we 🧡 organizing our calendars and making weekend plans for dayyyys, we’re rounding up the remainder of our SoWa tap takeovers for the season:
– Sunday, 9/15: Honest Weight Artisan Beer
– Sunday, 9/22: Bunker Brewing Co.
– Sunday, 9/29: Stay tuned
– Sunday, 10/20: Hermit Thrush Brewery
– Sunday, 10/27: Stay tuned for the last hoorah!