After carefully considering and closely monitoring the developments related to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are proactively making several adjustments to how we do business for the foreseeable future. These changes are being put into place in an effort to protect the health and well-being of our employees and partners and help slow the spread of this disease in the communities we serve.
As you may be aware, health and community officials are urging businesses and individuals to practice social-distancing (avoiding unnecessary contact with others). The rationale is that this practice helps reduce the rate of spread of the virus so that the healthcare system is able to properly treat those who are sick. You will see that several of the changes we are enacting reflect this practice.
Rest assured that we will do what we can, safely and within reason, to ensure continuity for your business. We are committed to continuing to serve you during this extraordinary time.
Effective immediately, and until further notice, we are taking the following actions:
- Our sales representatives will no longer visit customers in-person. Reps will communicate with you via email, text, and phone call.
- All ride-withs (rep-accompanied visits from suppliers) will be postponed.
- Deliveries by our reps will not be permitted. All deliveries must come on our normally scheduled trucks
- In Mass and RI, our sales representatives can no longer be relied upon to pick up checks from customers. Please help us by mailing checks to Craft Collective’s Massachusetts office or utilize TermSync. Our payment terms remain the same.
- In Maine, please consider switching to electronic payment.
- Customers will not be asked to sign for deliveries. Our drivers will enter the name of the receiver into their mobile devices as proof of receipt.
- Each truck in our fleet will be assigned one driver. Drivers will no longer work with helpers.
- Drivers will wear gloves when making deliveries. Each driver will carry hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Please prepare to bear with us in the event that we have delivery delays due to staffing shortages.
- Unnecessary access to our warehouse will be prohibited.
- We have increased the availability of hand soap, sanitizer, and cleaning supplies.
- We encourage the postponement of any Craft Collective brand events through the end of March.
- We will not promote upcoming scheduled events on our social media channels; we will, however, communicate cancellations or postponements.
- Craft Collective employees will not attend any bar events, tastings, or festivals through the end of March.
- No new events will be scheduled until further notice.
- We will continue to work with our suppliers to learn about their latest products. All education initiatives will be conducted virtually.
- We will pause the addition of new suppliers. We hope our customers will support our current partners as we all navigate these challenges together.
- Our office-based employees will work remotely.
- Any employee experiencing cold or flu symptoms is required to stay home and return with a doctor’s note clearing them to return to work.
- Access to sick time will be expanded for hourly employees.
- Assistance will be provided to employees affected by coronavirus.
We are making every effort to ensure this transition is as seamless as possible and appreciate your patience and partnership as we take the necessary precautions to help protect our employees, partners, and communities.
We will continue to be as transparent as possible as we navigate this together. We will update this page with any updates.
Our products, people, knowledge, and support are still here, just remotely for the time being. Thank you, as always, for your partnership.
We will continue to update this list with any developments:
- Finback’s Whale Watching Festival (March 28, Rhode Island)