Definitive to Boston
Portland, Maine’s Definitive Brewing Company is coming south (Boston’s techhhhhnically south) to join in on the summer fun at Boston’s SoWa Beer Garden. Definitive’s crew will be taking over the SoWa’s Beer Garden taps this Sunday (8/11) from 11a-4p. Be sure mark your calendars and to stop by the Beer Garden to get a taste of Definitive’s suuuper crushable craft brews. Also, there’s only a few weeks of summer left so… AND, they’re raffling off a Portland prize pack – one night for two at The Press Hotel, a $25 credit to Press’ restaurant, and a nice little afternoon at the brewery – two free flights and a 4-pack of the winner’s choice. Doooope.
Quick DL about Definitive: Located in Portland’s beer hub, Industrial Way, Definitive opened in May 2018 and specializes in taking full advantage of both quality and quantity. From their IPAs, Stouts and Sours to their signature Kölsch-style and Session Ales, they’ve got it allllll.
What’s Pouring This Sunday (8/11)
Definitive is bringing their A game to SoWa this Sunday. Here’s what Definitive will be serving up:
– 35 | An IPA with a hop flavor and aroma profile that suggests a gathering of peach rings, tiny melons and fresh produce layered over an intricate blend of our favorite malt varieties. Intended to be truly session-worthy without the sacrifice of flavor and mouthfeel | 3.5% ABV
– Contee | A Kölsch-Style Ale and Definitive’s take on the regional classic from Cologne, Germany. Brewed with heaps of German and local malts and fermented for many moons at cooler temperatures providing a lager-like ale that is crisp, clean and refreshing | 4.6% ABV
– Sensitive Ears | A pale ale containing a myriad of malt varieties from far and wide dry hopped twice with an insensitive pile of Citra and Amarillo. Bright and refreshing, clementines and smells of freshly baked lemon meringue pie | 5.6% ABV
– Stainless Oasis | An IPA that tastes and smells like golden citrus, crisp honeydew melon, and dry summer bubbly | 6.2% ABV
– Definitive Ale | Definitive’s signature IPA dry hopped with Pacific Northwest and Australian hops bursting with tropical fruit flavors and aromas | 6.7% ABV
– Float | A full-bodied DIPA dry hopped with Citra and a blend of Simcoe and Loral cryo pellets. Plush on the tongue, this beer tastes and smells like lemon-citrus raindrops, tropical hibiscus petals, and a day floating down the river! | 8% ABV
– Vanilla Dome Strawberry | A version of Definitive’s Milkshake Double IPA. Unbelievably bright and balanced with a rich strawberry and vanilla character, and it smells and tastes like strawberry gelato and freshly baked berry pies | 8% ABV
ICYMI: every few weeks or so, one of our brands is moving into the Beer Garden and taking over the taps. We’ve got your fave craft brands taking over the SoWa taps to bring you new, fresh flavors all.summer.long. Follow along on Instagram as we add new breweries to the season’s lineup. And before you know it… Oktoberfest will be here. So stay tuned for more info on that! 🍂
If you’re new to SoWa (better late than never), it’s the South End’s weekly celebration of local artisans, farmers, food trucks, brewers and musicians. There’s no shortage of things to do, eat, drink and take home, which means you’re guaranteed to have a Sunday Funday.
The Facts: SoWa’s Beer Garden is open on Sundays, May through October, at The Power Station at 540 Harrison Ave in Boston (see the map below 👇) from 11a to 4p. We’ll release the beer menu each week right here and on Instagram.