SAVE THE DATE FOR FINBACK’S SUMMER TOUR
Finback is coming to town – stopping in MA, RI and ME! – and bringing their super limited (and super delicious) coconut IPA with them. You may remember it as… Smooth Beats Miami. 🥥 Aka summer in a can. And totally worth the hype. Lucky us (and you!), Finback is popping up all over for tastings and tap takeovers from June 4 through June 8. They’ll be pouring Smooth Beats Miami + so much more goodness and bringing lots of swaaaag with them, too (as in…hot pink sunnies). 😎
This coconut IPA has us daydreaming of South Beach but we’ll most likely be enjoying with a side of frigid Atlantic water (summers down Cape, anyone?). So we’ve dubbed their tour through our area “Smooth Beats New England.” Come relax and sip on this summer-y brew post-work or on the weekend with the crew. It’s basically like a mini vacation to South Beach (in a can). 🌴 **Keep scrolling for where and when you can find the Finback team popping up.**
Finback will be hosting TONS of in-store tasting events but, if you’re looking for more than just a taste of Smooth Beats Miami and want to hang all.night.long with the awesome Finback crew (and have Smooth Beats flowing), check out where they’ll be taking over the taps!
– Tasting: Tuesday, June 4 | 4-6p | Pier Liquors, 29 Pier Market Pl, Narragansett, RI
– Tasting: Tuesday, June 4 | 4-6p | Savory Grape, 1000 Division St, East Greenwich, RI
– Tap Takeover: Tuesday, June 4 | 6-11p | Mews Tavern, 456 Main St, Wakefield, RI | Finback is kicking off their visit at Mews! Hit up this watering hole post-work for some serious laid-back vibes.
– Tap Takeover: Tuesday, June 4 | 5-8p | Max’s Dartmouth, 405 State Rd, North Dartmouth, MA | To kick off their MA tour, Finback is heading to Max’s!
– Tasting: Wednesday, June 5 | 4-6p | Kappy’s Fine Wine & Spirits, 175 Andover St, Peabody, MA
– Tasting: Wednesday, June 5 | 4-6p | Kappy’s Fine Wine & Spirits, 333 Iyannough Rd, Hyannis, MA
– Tap Takeover: Wednesday, June 5 | 7p-12a | Gulu-Gulu Cafe, 247 Essex Street, Salem, MA | Get through that mid-week slump at this cozy craft-beer cafe with lots of Finback on tap.
– Tasting: Thursday, June 6 | 5-7p | Pemberton Farms, 2225 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA
– Tasting: Thursday, June 6 | 5-7p | Downtown Wine & Spirits, 225 Elm Street Somerville, MA
– Tap Takeover: Thursday, June 6 | 6-11p | Elm Street Taproom, 256 Elm Street, Somerville, MA | Thursday calls for Finback on tap at this city taproom. Come early and stay laaate.
– Tasting: Friday, June 7 | 4-6p | Bier Cellar, 299 Forest Ave, Portland, ME
– Tasting: Friday, June 7 | 4:30-6:30p | Spruce Creek Provisions, 290 US-1, Kittery, ME
– Tap Takeover: Friday, June 7 | 5p-1a | Highroller Lobster Co., 104 Exchange St, Portland, ME | Everyone knows Fridays are for Finback, and we’re closing out their summer tour at Highroller in Portland! Enjoy a lobster roll in one hand and a Smooth Beats in the other. Hang around until 10p when the reaaaal fun starts. We’re talking trap music and an epic dance party. AKA the “Lobster Trap.”
– Tasting: Saturday, June 8 | 1-3p | Whole Foods Portland, 2 Somerset St, Portland, ME
– Tasting: Saturday, June 8 | 3:30-5:30p | Oak Hill Beverage, 28 Adams Way, Scarborough, ME
– Tap Takeover: Saturday, June 8 | 2-11p | The Portland Zoo, 41 Fox St, Portland, ME 04101 | End Finback’s Smooth Beat’s tour (and start your night) at The Portland Zoo with the FB crew! Drink allllll the Smooth Beats’ and jam to allll the music.
For more event info, visit our Facebook “Events” page.
SPOTTED: BASIL & KEVIN IN THE WILD?!
Finback co-founders and brewers Basil Lee and Kevin Stafford will be making the trip north for “Smooth Beats New England.” Fun fact(s): Basil was an architect and home brewed for 5 years before starting Finback, and Kevin was in the graphic design and illustration industry for 9 years, spending hist free time home brewing. At one point, his apartment hallway was stacked with beer. So where does Finback’s cool minimalistic, geometric can art come from? Basil and Kevin. Thanks to their design backgrounds, they love experimenting with designs and just going for it. Bottom line: Basil and Kevin are cool dudes to chill, chat and drink a good beer (or two) with. Come hang with them (and us) for SBNE.
FINBACK AT SOWA
Can’t wait for June? Then join Finback on May 26 at the SoWa Beer Garden as they take over the taps for MDW! ICYMI: SoWa is the South End’s weekly celebration of local artisans, farmers, food trucks, brewers and musicians. There’s no shortage of things to do, eat, drink and take home, which means you’re guaranteed to have a Sunday Funday. SoWa’s Beer Garden is open on Sundays, May through October, at The Power Station at 540 Harrison Ave in Boston (see the map below) from 11a to 4p. We’ll release the beer menu each week right here on the blog and on Instagram.