Throw Your (Idle) Hands In the Air
… because Idle Hands Craft Ales is taking over the SoWa Beer Barn Sunday (8/4). IHCA is a locally focused (what’s upppp, Malden) craft brewery with a penchant for brewing a wide array of styles from classic German style lagers and Belgian inspired ales to more popular IPAs. So it couldn’t be more perfect that they’re coming to SoWa because it’s practically in their backyard.
ICYMI: IHCA recently released their new year-round beer, Slate, and it was brewed to be enjoyed every.damn.day. Slate is a flavorful, easy drinking, 5.3% ABV. Contains pleasant notes of tropical fruit, melon and citrus, with a crisppppp finish. A locally brewed, easy drinking beer that won’t wear on the palate. You can read alllll about Slate and our sit down with Christopher Tkach, Idle Hands’ founder and head brewer, in this blog post. 👉
Did we mention IHCA will be sampling Slate at SoWa? Find out what else will be flowing on Sunday (did someone say Six Seam?!). 👇👇👇
On Tap (8/4)
– Six Seam | A NE DIPA. Pillowy soft body with strong notes of peach, apricot, mango, and pineapple and a touch of spice. Low bitterness | 8.2% ABV⠀
– Four Seam | A NE IPA that’s cloudy in appearance with massive hop flavors of citrus, mango, guava and melon. Low bitterness | 6.6% ABV
– Kill Your Idles: Pluot | A Fruited Sour ale with plum, apricot and lactose added. Slightly tart, fruity and sweet | 5.6% ABV
– Emelyn | An Unfiltered Lager. Toasted bread crust with a soft malt sweetness and slightly fruity finish | 5.5% ABV
– Proème | Easy drinking Farmhouse Ale with an American twist. Notes of stone fruit, tropical fruit and bubblegum with a dry, peppery finish | 5% ABV⠀
– Blanche de Grâce | IHCA’s interpretation of the classic Belgian Wit is brewed with citrus peel, coriander and a secret spice. Savor the smooth, bread-like backbone with a crisp, refreshing finish. Orange slice optional | 4.9% ABV⠀
– Slate | Whether you’re hitting the beach, slopes or just relaxing in the backyard with friends, reach for a Slate and enjoy a locally brewed, flavorful and easy drinking beer. Go ahead, clear your Slate for this Ale | 5.3% ABV⠀
What Else You Need To Know
PSA: Six Seam being on draft is KIND of a big deal. This super popular NE DIPA won’t be brewed again until 2020 so once it’s gone, it’s gone. This maaaaaay be your only chance to get your hands on Idle Hands Six Seam. You’re welcome. 👏
Not only will Idle Hands be pouring their dopest beers but they’ll also be giving away lots of swag. We’re even jealous. The sooner you arrive to SoWa, the better! The Beer Barn starts pouring at 11a. It’s never (ever) too early for a beer. Just add a donut and call it a breakfast bevie. Or, one of those insanely delish Cookie Monstah ice cream sammies. It’s the weekend, YOLO.
ICYMI: every few weeks or so, one of our brands is moving into the Beer Garden and taking over the taps. P.S. Deciduous Brewing is coming (7/28) from NH so mark your (Google) calendars! We’ve got your fave craft brands taking over the SoWa taps to bring you new, fresh flavors all.summer.long. Follow along on Instagram as we add new breweries to the season’s lineup.
If you’re new to SoWa, it’s the South End’s weekly celebration of local artisans, farmers, food trucks, brewers and musicians. There’s no shortage of things to do, eat, drink and take home, which means you’re guaranteed to have a Sunday Funday.
The Facts: SoWa’s Beer Garden is open on Sundays, May through October, at The Power Stationat 540 Harrison Ave in Boston (see the map below 👇) from 11a to 4p. We’ll release the beer menu each week right here and on Instagram.