New To The (Casamara) Club
We recently added a newb to the Craft Collective lineup: Casamara Club. Straight out of Detroit, Casamara Club is a small producer using real botanicals to make the world’s most refreshing leisure sodas. Their goal? Make delicious soft drinks for thoughtful leisure enthusiasts (✋) by using clean, low-intervention production processes that highlight the beauty and simplicity of farmed ingredients. We’re pumped to be introducing FOUR sparkling amaro soft drinks to our availability list (format: 6/4/12)! Keep reading for more info on what amaro is (a refreshing refresher, if you will) and the perfect pairings for these bubbly soft drinks. 👇
About The Brand
Since the brand’s beginning, the team has created four flavors of soda bubbling over with natural flavor. Their sparkling sodas are all made with bitters in the style of an Italian digestiv (after-dinner drink) called amaro. What we love about this? Not only are the drinks delicious but they capture a sense of time + place in a bottle. They’re not just any soda – these Casamara Club drinks are how sodas used to be made. And shouldddd be made. They’re balanced, refreshing botanical-infused sparkling waters, playfully inspired by classic Italian bitters and soda. Cascading bubbles, balanced acidity, and subtle hints of sweetness and salinity make for a drink that is great for food pairing, mixing, AND especially drinking.
So… What’s Amaro?
Amaro is an herb-infused liqueur that’s been around since Ancient Rome and used for its restorative benefits. It’s traditionally made by infusing grape brandy with a mix of herbs, flowers, aromatic bark, citrus peel and spices. The team at Casamara Club wanted to create a drink that would capture the refreshing and herbal qualities of an amaro without the alcohol, and without the heavy sweetness of a modern soda. By using only natural, farmed ingredients and producing in small batches, they are able to create a genuine Italian influence in every bottle. They add a bit of Demerara sugar to balance out the bitter taste of the herbs. The result: delicate and harmonious flavors, taking bitters and soda to a whole new level. 🍸
Meet The Crew
The aperitivo. Inspired by a Northern Italian aperitivo, Alta is intense, like a dry, spritzy Negroni. Lively notes of dark berries, fruity spices, and bright pink citrus peel.
– Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Lemon Juice, Demerara Cane Sugar, Extracts of Italian Chinotto, Juniper Berry, Orris Root, Mandarin Peel, Allspice Berry, Clove Bud, and Aniseed, Mediterranean Sea Salt.
– Pairs with: Pizza, breakfast sandwiches, and happy hour oysters. 🍕🍳
– Cocktail recipe: 3-4oz Casamara Club Alta, to taste | 1oz sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antico | 1oz Campari, or Forthave Aperitivo if available.
The easy one. Draws on alpine amaro traditions from the mountains of Northern and Southern Italy. Invigorating notes of fresh picked wildflowers and melow key lime acidity.
– Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Lemon Juice, Orange Blossom Honey, Extracts of Italian Mandarin, Chamomile Flower, Peppermint Leaf, Licorice Root, Grapefruit Peel, Juniper Berry, Clove Bud, and Cardamom Seed, Mediterranean Sea Salt.
– Pairs with: Deli sandwiches, fried rice, and picnics in the park. 🥪🍚
– Cocktail recipe: 3oz Casamara Club Capo | 1oz aromatized red wine, preferably Lillet Rouge
The seaside lemonade. A Sicilian amaro reimagined as a dry, herbal limonata. Vibrant notes of candied lemons and fresh sage with dank salinity.
– Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Lemon Juice, Demerara Cane Sugar, Extracts of Italian Lemon, Sage Leaf, Rhubarb Root, Italian Chinotto, Juniper Berry, and Aniseed, Mediterranean Sea Salt.
– Pairs with: Olives, seafood risotto, and watching the waves roll in. 🦐🌊
– Cocktail recipe: 4oz Casamara Club Onda | 0.5oz Lemon Juice | 2oz dark amaro, preferably Amaro Montenegro
The digestivo. Sera tastes like a lo-fi, cinnamon-infused Aperol spritz. Dreamy notes of purple flowers, strawberry candy, and fruit tart acidity.
– Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Lemon Juice, Orange Blossom Honey, Extracts of Grapefruit, Cinnamon Bark, Rhubarb Root, Italian Chinotto, Allspice Berry, and Aniseed, Mediterranean Sea Salt.
– Pairs with: Ice cream, fresh fruit, and old movies. 🍦🍓🥝
– Cocktail recipe: 2oz Casamara Club Sera | 2oz mezcal blanco espadín, preferably Vida | 0.5oz lime juice
**Nutrition facts: Serv. Size 1 bottle, Amount Per Serving: Calories 15, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Sodium 70mg (3% DV), Total Carb. 4g (1% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 0g. Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.**
Here’s to daydreaming of an Italian vaca while sippin’ on one of these sparkly amaro soft drinks… For more amaro inspo, follow Casamara on Insta.