Brooklyn To Boston
Our Brooklyn-based friends are coming to town this weekend! On Sunday, 7/14, the crew from Interboro is popping up at Boston’s SoWa Beer Barn. Lucky for you because they’re bringing lottttts of new beer with them. So new, that it just hit our warehouse and is goin’ straight to SoWa!
Quick run down about Interboro: Interboro Spirits and Ales is Brooklyn’s only craft brewery and distillery (yupppp, it’s true). Their goal is to engage, inspire and bring people together with their distinctive, flavor-forward beers and spirits. From session beers to barrel-strength whiskeys, they’re all about showing what can be done with three basic ingredients: grain, yeast and water.
Keep reading for what’ll be flowing this weekend. 👇
Pouring This Sunday (7/14)
Interboro is rollin’ deep for SoWa and bringing so.much.goodness. 👌 Here’s what’s pouring:
– Bushburg: Hoppy American Pilsner brewed with corn, German lager yeast and Noble hop varieties. Pours hazy pale yellow. Noble aroma with herbal minty noble hop character. Taste is bright and slightly sweet, with a dry grassy finish | 5% ABV
– Mixin’ It Up: Fruited Sour Gose | 5% ABV
– Ridiculoso: This refreshing IPA is packed full of Amarillo, Cascade and Galaxy, for a tropical and grassy aroma that breathes summer love. Notes of strawberry and citrus bite, with an incredibly dry finish. Brewed with pilsner malt, wheat and oats. Fermented with german ale yeast | 5.6% ABV
– DDH Premiere IPA: Pours hazy yellow, tropical and citrus aromas, taste of bubblegum, melon, pineapple. Brewed with Pilsner and Vienna malts, American Ale yeast and hopped with Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy, and double dry hopped with Mosaic hop dust pellets. Light and refreshing with crisp finish | 6% ABV
– It Takes Two: Mosaic/Amarillo: Double NE IPA with Mosaic & Amarillo | 8% ABV
– All In Together Now: Fruited Sour
What else is goin’ on?
Because one day just isn’t enough… we’re partying with the crew from Interboro to celebrate their new-to-Massachusetts canned cocktails on Thursday AND Saturday. If you missed it, these ready-to-drink canned cocktails are the first spirits we’ve sold (like, ever). We already know and love Interboro’s beers and now we can ❤️ the spirits from this Brooklyn-based brewery and distillery. At 7% ABV, these G&Ts are best enjoyed straight up. 🍸⠀
About these RTD cocktails:
– Goodwin Hill Gin & Tonic: Bold and refreshing, this new take on an old classic mixes Interboro’s robust Goodwin Hill Gin with citrusy tonic and lime. Made from a flavorful mash of barley and wheat, juniper and a blend of botanicals (coriander, lemon peel, black pepper, angelica root and grains of paradise), these complex flavors are hard to find in any locally made product especially in a can that’s just as happy at the bar as on the go.⠀
– Hibiscus & Lime Gin & Tonic: Effervescent and bright pink with just enough bite from Interboro’s Goodwin Hill Gin, this balanced canned cocktail has both the floral sweetness of lime and hibiscus, and a dry finish that leaves you thirsty for another sip.
Events: Join us at one (or both) of these events to celey! ⠀
– THURSDAY (7/11) at Perks Coffee Shop & Beer Garden. Pouring: canned Gin & Tonics, DDH Premiere & Mixin’ It Up from 6-10p.
ICYMI: every few weeks or so, one of our brands is moving into the Beer Garden and taking over the taps. We’ve got your fave craft brands taking over the SoWa taps to bring you new, fresh flavors all.summer.long. Follow along on Instagram as we add new breweries to the season’s lineup.
If you’re new to SoWa, it’s the South End’s weekly celebration of local artisans, farmers, food trucks, brewers and musicians. There’s no shortage of things to do, eat, drink and take home, which means you’re guaranteed to have a Sunday Funday.
The Facts: SoWa’s Beer Garden is open on Sundays, May through October, at The Power Stationat 540 Harrison Ave in Boston (see the map below 👇) from 11a to 4p. We’ll release the beer menu each week right here and on Instagram.