We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our sales team as a Brand Manager in the Rhode Island / Southeastern Massachusetts region.
- Overall, responsible for the success of Craft Collective brands in the region. Working as a liaison between brands, sales team and customers.
- Participate in overall sales strategy and goal planning for sale of Craft Collective beers.
- Prospect new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up formal presentations, and constantly visiting new and existing customers.
- Transition new customers to management by sales reps, continue to steward important existing customers.
- Work with management and sales team to help meet the region’s sales goals and objectives.
- Maximize the exposure and penetration in each account.
- Conduct promotions, samplings, events when required, and attend local craft beer festivals as needed.
- Maintain self-education on Craft Collective brands and the craft beer industry in general.
- Organize an efficient schedule including being in the field the vast majority of days.
- Call on at least 30 accounts or potential accounts per week.
- Keep thorough and up-to-date notes on all existing and target accounts.
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Open new large volume “whale” accounts.
- Operate as the liaison between the brands and all sales personnel in the market.
- Role requires leadership skills in support of the Head of Sales, implementing the strategic business plan for the region.
- Follow Craft Collective’s Code of Conduct.
- Work schedule is full-time, generally 9-5PM M-F, with work necessary on some nights and weekends. Craft beer sales can be a round-the-clock job. Please be comfortable with that.
- College degree. 3-5 years of industry experience required, preferably in the Rhode Island market. Good general beer knowledge a must. Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic. Must be a good problem solver. Must be a self-starter. Strong selling skills. Creativity needed for fun marketing and promotion concepts. Access to a vehicle that you are willing to use for business purposes.
- Must live in Rhode Island or Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs consisting of cases and kegs.
Competitive pay based on experience including a base salary and bonuses. Employee stock options. Group health and dental. Life insurance and short and long-term disability insurance. 401(k) with match. 529 College Savings plan. Vehicle stipend. Expense account. Cell phone stipend. Access to awesome beer!
ABOUT CRAFT COLLECTIVE
Craft Collective is a 4-year old independent craft beverage distribution company focused on quality, small, craft producers. We were founded by craft beer enthusiasts, with the goal of improving the distribution environment in New England for breweries and consumers. We maintain ample refrigeration, a fully climate-controlled warehouse, and refrigerated delivery vehicles. Our people represent our brands with enthusiasm and diligently care for our products. We’re honest, accommodating, and committed to helping small craft producers succeed. We primarily work with New England and New York producers like Proclamation, SingleCut, Aeronaut, Finback, Banded, Oxbow, and more. You can see our entire portfolio here.
EMPLOYMENT AT CRAFT COLLECTIVE
Craft Collective is a well-capitalized startup company. We offer competitive pay, employee stock ownership, terrific benefits, and a craft-beer enthusiast culture. We are dedicated and passionate about this industry. We work hard and will expect the same from you. This position offers the opportunity to become part of a great team of individuals driven to deliver the best quality craft beverages to the finest establishments in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine.
Submit your application here (no calls, please).