It’s time to get funk-aaaay because FUNK Boston is right around the corner. 🤘 No, seriously. FUNK is happening Friday, June 14 & Saturday, June 15 at the Cyclorama in Boston. Tix still available here.
Quick run down: FUNK Boston is a Wild & Sour Beer Fest that features 35+ brewers (including a bunch of our favorites!) pouring over 125 beers. Unique and experimental brews will be flowing. The festival will span over two days so come thirsty! Space is limited so be sure to get your tix ASAP.
So… what’s pouring at FUNK?!
Two of our breweries are launching their mixed fermentation programs at FUNK – Fiddlehead and Schilling – and we’ve get a slew of MA brewers and out-of-towners who we’re pumped to hang with. Here’s who we’ll be pouring alongside at FUNK:
– Shape Parade | American wild ale with black lava salt, foeder aged with Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus. Notes of Meyer lemon and custard with a zippy sharp acidity | 5.9% ABV
– Landscape with Haystacks | Rustic Saison base, foeder aged with Brettanomyces and mixed culture. Notes of lime zest, coconut, damp earth and light dust | 5.8% ABV
– Epistrophy | Dark strong Saison with fruit and spice notes, brewed with raw wildflower honey | 7.7% ABV
– Recurring Theme | A pleasantly tart and complex Grisette | 5.8% ABV
– Desire Paths (blend #2) | A Farmhouse Ale balancing the flavor contributions from cereal grain, green plants, microflora, oak and time | 5.7% ABV
– Overly Dedicated | Dry-hopped, Mixed Culture Saison, aged in oak barrels | 4.8% ABV
– Watchful Sun | A rustic farmhouse ale with aromas of fresh tea and notes of lemon, pineapple, white grape must, and fresh cut grass | 6% ABV
– Charlton Rouge | On first impression, Charlton Rouge will remind you of the famous Flanders Red sour ales of Belgium. Notes of vanilla, oak, plum, green apple and sour cherries | 5.5% ABV
– Transmutation II | Delicate white grape, pineapple and floral aromas with flavors of white grape, crackers and star anise | 5.2% ABV
– Zeroth | A bright and vibrant ale, bursting with notes of lemon oil, naval oranges, Sauvignon Blanc grape, and a soft oak | 5.2% ABV
– Fleeting Memory | Barrel fermented American Wild Ale | 6.5% ABV
– Pulling Rabbits | Saison open-fermented wth Brett in an oak vessel, dry-hopped with Nelson Sauvin | 6.2% ABV
– Asymmetry of Time | Mixed fermentation Saison | 6% ABV
– Havel and Spree | Mixed culture Berliner with blueberry, lemon zest and vanilla | 4% ABV
– Zwart Bos | Bourbon barrel-aged dark Lager | 8.7% ABV
– Soggy Donkey | Brett White IPA – juicy with a slight bitter backbone, a Brett nose with earthy flavored mixed with the citrus and fruity hopping of Cascade, Citra, and Amarillo | 7.1% ABV
– Sultanas of Swig | Belgian-style mixed wild fermentation sour with lactose, golden raisins & tamarind | 5.2% ABV
– Cheek Squeezer | Kettle soured blonde ale infused with tart cherries | 4.9% ABV
– Currently Now | Oak aged Sour Saison with blackberry, cranberry, lime and lemon zest. Collab with Tampa Bay Brewing Co. | 6.5% ABV
– Blastin’ Off | Gin barrel aged Belgian Saison with luxardo cherries, lemon zest and butterfly pea flower tea | 5.5% ABV
– All Jammed Up | Raspberry/strawberry Berliner Weisse | 5% ABV
– F4 #x Brett | An American Brett with 3 strains of Brettanomyces and a base of barley, oats, rye and wheat | 6.8% ABV
– H6 Balaton Cherry Sour | Fermented in a wine barrel for a year with another 6 months on Balaton Cherries, this beer is profoundly funky, fruity oaky and sour | 6.4% ABV
– Savvon | Two strains of Brettanomyces contribute funky flavors of cherry pie and ripe pineapple, while Galaxy and Enigma hops from Australia provide subtle aromas of passion fruit, raspberry and white wine | 9.2% ABV
– Foeder Beer #4 | American Wild Ale | 7.7% ABV
– Foeder Beer #3 | This American Wild Ale release is more funky and has less oak than the previous foeder blend, and flavors of peach and strawberry balance the classic Brett combo of cherry pie and ripe pineapple. Funky, smooth, and a bit tart | 7.5% ABV
The FUN(K) Continues
The fun(k) don’t stop after FUNK! In fact, it starts before the fest and continues afterwards. Here’s where you’ll find the CC crew and our brands pre- and post-fest.
Schilling FUNK Night at Nathalie | Join us for the launch of Schilling Beer Co.‘s mixed culture program at nathálie on Thursday, 6/13. The program focuses on the northern New Hampshire terroir and how it naturally affects the finish of Schilling’s funky beers. Patio opens and fun starts at 5p!
FUNK Boston: Pre-Party at Canary Square | Swing by Canary Square in Jamaica Plain on Thursday, 6/13 for the official FUNK Boston pre-party with a FUNKed lineup, FUNKy 70s jams, industry friends and more! Fiddlehead’s Wile Ales + IPA will be pouring and Honest Weight Spy Route.
Fox Farm at Row 34 | Get your Fox Farm + oysters on at Boston’s Row 34. FF is hosting a *rare* tap takeover, starting at 5, pouring Avalonia Raspberry, Rove Farmhouse Pale Ale, The Cabin Smoked Helles Lager and Burst IPA.
Brunch & Patio Party | Join us on Father’s Day (Sunday, June 16) for brunch & patio hangs with Honest Weight and Schilling at Branch Line in Watertown, MA. 🍳 There will be plenty of beers for dad (and everyone else), a delish Branch Line brunch and an epic bocce tournament. Fun kicks off at 12p!
Follow all the fun and funk over on Insta. ✌️